Organised by Edkimo
Edtech and privacy
Meetup for teachers, learners and edtech enthusiasts.
Privacy is often used as an excuse to prevent school transformation. What if we could see privacy as innovation and empowerment? Let’s discuss learning, digitization and privacy with the help of contemporary philosophers Carissa Véliz (“Privacy is power”) and Gaspard Koenig (“La fin de l’individu”). In our meetup we will discuss privacy as
1) a collective concern, not a personal one,
2) a protected space for learning and creativity,
3) a prerequisite for autonomy and democracy,
4) a veil of ignorance and a principle of justice,
5) protection against personalization and division.
After a short introduction let’s work out together how we as individuals, schools and as a society can take back control of our data.
Fri, January 27, 2023
- Edtech & Civictech
- Ethics & Governance