Organisé par The Educators' Lab
A Greener Future of Work
Schools are supposed to prepare young people for the opportunities ahead of them, but oftentimes the opportunities move faster than the school systems. In the last few years some of the world’s leading countries have made massive commitments to sustainability. Legislation like the Inflation Reduction Act has promised millions of new jobs in sustainability and, currently, our lack of labor force is a huge bottleneck in being able to meet the demands of these urgent legislative wins. What can schools do to create greener education to employment pathways and prepare younger generations for the jobs ahead?
Michelle Blanchet from Educator’s Lab and Mason Pashia from Getting Smart are hosting a roundtable discussion with various thought leaders and practitioners of green pathways to help spotlight where we are now and where we need to get to. The roundtable will seek to address some of the following questions:
1) How will green skills impact the future of work?
2) Career Fairs or Career and Technical Education – What’s the value of exposure for infusing green skills into professional lives?
3) What pre-existing skills can be made green?
4) How might schools and communities work together to streamline opportunities?
Mercredi 25 Janvier 2023
- Environnement & Durabilité
- Acteurs du changement & Figures d'inspiration
- Formation technique & Apprentissage
Objectifs de développement durable
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.